Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My Two Month Plan

Very rarely is change a slow progression. Often, we shift between times of quiet lulls to break neck roller coaster rides in the blink of an eye. The best we can do is to enjoy the peaceful moments when they come and then do our best to embrace change as fast as possible.

Some people thrive in constant chaos while others really crave predictability. I know it's not sexy, but I fall more into the craving predictability category. Over the past few months however, I've been riding the roller coaster. I have not appreciated all the changes that have taken place, I have tried to be less judgmental and frankly, shitty, about the turmoil.

My time is precious. The less time I waste on getting upset, the more time I have to do something useful.

Recently, my family got thrown a curve ball. Long story short, we are all going to be working extra hours for 2 months. When the impending event arrived, I really wanted to have a complete freak out but at some point I took a step back and realized that I could use these two months to actually do something useful instead of just complaining about the situation.

I put together what I called the 8 week plan. The website revamp, the stack of books that have been gathering dust, herbal products I've been wanting to make, dietary changes...It all went into a (metaphorical) pile and I put together a schedule. Focusing on what I have control over and using my time to do something real has reduced the stress of the situations. I'm a week and a half into my plan and I'm pleased with my progress so far.

Two books have been read and I've already got more than half the webpages moved over to the new format. I've also made a dent in my ever growing pile of crafts I've been planning on putting together.